Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween-Ween


Happy Halloween everyone! As we all know, Halloween was last night, bringing with it all the merriment of the holiday. Ok, there’s not that much merriment, nor do I really always think it’s a holiday, because we still have to work on the day. I don’t even like Halloween all that much to be honest. But oh well, we still all celebrate it. This year, I dressed up as a cowboy. (I know it should be cowgirl, but in my brain, a cowboy is slightly tougher, so I did that. I’m not really a feminist, I guess you could say.) The hat was slightly too big, but that’s ok. I wished I had boots or a gun belt or any of that, but boots are pricey, and there were no gun belts to be found. But I did have a sheriff’s badge, because I was the law of these here parts. I took a pic with Chelle at work that day – she was dressed as a hobo and did a fabulous job of doing so:

I got home, and learned that Husband had finally bought himself a costume. I took a pic of him of course:

And basically, we spent the evening handing out candy to little kids. Husband decided to wear the mask to the door every time to scare kids, which worked so effectively that a couple of kids saw the mask and just turned around and left, I felt so bad. I did get scared by the husband of my co-Webelos leader, and didn't want to give candy to their child in retribution, but then I folded and did. Between the children showing up (because there weren't many, and there were big pauses) we brought my laptop into the living room, and watched some TV on Hulu while we waited, that was a good time, too. We packed everything up, turned off all the lights at like, 9:20 and called it a night.

Today is November 1st, as everyone in the world will know. With November now underway, so starts National Blog Posting Month, which means, like in years past, I will be blogging every day. Like every year, it may start out interesting, but it’ll most likely end up having some really boring days. I apologize for those in advance, and also thank you in advance for sticking with the blog during this month. Blogging every day…join me, won’t you?

Also, I've accepted a challenge to write something I'm thankful for every day in my blog. Today's is that I'm thankful for friends who make a 14-hour workday bearable. 

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I cannot believe that he dressed like that to hand out Halloween candy. I would have totally freaked out.

I am thankful for you and for your friendship. I do think you are amazing!!