Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

There’s an RSL game tonight. They’re in the first round of the playoffs.  Home game, against Seattle tonight, and I hope it won’t be freezing. The first time we played them, last Friday, ended in a 0-0 tie. That’s ok with me. Goals are counted in an aggregate system, so basically we still have tonight’s game as the winner. I really hope we win. Obviously, but Seattle is one of our “rivals” so I just want to kick the crap out of them. They have a team full of jerks, one of whom is a (possibly convicted, but definitely accused) rapist, so every time I see him (on TV or in real life at games) I just have to remind him he’s a rapist. Because that’s gross. If we win, we’ll advance. But if we lose…we’re out. I hope we stay in. I’d like for RSL to win another cup. 

I don’t know if you caught it, but recently, there was an election in this great country of ours. I like elections as much as the next person, but I’m not someone that’s obsessed with them. I don’t follow polls, or really even watch the news, but boy howdy am I sick of this. It’s been nothing but this election for months now. And now it’s over, and people are STILL talking about it! It’s all over my Twitter feed, it’s in my Facebook feed, and I just can’t get away from it. I get that it’s an important part of our country; I’d just like to be done talking about it.   

There’s a storm a-brewing. That’s what I hear, anyway. I hear it’s supposed to just dump snow on us this weekend. This is both pretty cool and really awful. We didn’t have much snow last year, so I actually would like to have some this season. I’d like Christmas to feel like Christmas. But I don’t want to drive in it, or walk in it, or have it be that freezing cold. It’s a double edged sword, really. 
 
I was thinking today, if I’m ever in the woods and need to kill animals to eat, I’m not sure that I could do it. I have no problem eating meat, I love meat. But I don’t know if I would be able to kill my animal while looking at its face, and then have to skin it and eat it. I’m sure after long enough of being in the wilderness I’d be able to, but I think it would take a long time.
 
I put in a new pair of contacts today. Even though it’s probably bad, I like to make my contacts last as long as possible. So even though they are only supposed to last for 2 weeks, I make them last for at least a month. The pair that I threw out last night I had been using for probably 6-7 weeks. I never notice how bad they get. Last night, I was like, man am I having a hard time seeing out of these, so I tossed them in the garbage. Putting on my new ones this morning was like I had been given new eyes. Everything is so CLEAR and I can see EVERYTHING! It’s amazing. Its times like these that make me want to change them more often, but contacts are so expensive. I like to stretch my money out. 

I would like to take a polygraph someday. I have no reason to, but I’d still like to. Especially because I’d like to see if I could beat it. Wouldn’t that be a great skill, beating a polygraph? I’d be like a spy or a secret agent! 

Today, I am thankful for books. So amazing to jump into a novel and lose yourself in adventures.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Your comment about your contacts make me laugh. I can't believe that you can wear them for that long without changing them. Hey, at least you are getting your money worth. HA HA