Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Blizzard!

Well, its finally happened. Snow has fallen upon us. It happened yesterday, but I waited until today to report on it. (Nature of blogging and all) I had heard tale of a storm for a few days now, but I didn't think it would be this big. I think the reason is because last year, there was no snow. We had maybe a few days of snow, but not in a row, and it didn't dump this much. In my head, its like the heavens opened up yesterday and just dumped a billion pounds of snow on us. 

We have a window in our new office digs (well, temporary new office digs) and we just watched the snow fall, and I just marveled at it all day. Chelle and I got lunch, and were improperly dressed to go outside in this blizzard. I, in flip flops, had super cold feet, and my light jacket wasn't really helping me much. Chelle, in her capris and summery shoes was wet and cold as well. When we left for the day, we had to scrap the snow off of our cars, which I think was piled a foot high. It seemed. Of course, when I got in my car, my gas light came on. I hated getting out in the cold to get gas.


Snow was everywhere. When I went out this morning, I was turning into a parking lot, and my car got stuck. On the road, out of the left turn lane, I got stuck, so I had to quickly reverse, and try to get going again, and I got out of it. So now, here we are. It's winter. And it's more winter than last year was. It's cold...I'm finally wearing shoes and not flip flops...and I'm wearing coats. Happy winter everyone!

Today I am thankful that my car got unstuck by itself, and I didn't have to enlist the help of anyone else.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I can't believe that it snowed so much. I am not ready for snow. I want to still wear capris and flip flops.