Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cleans Anything!

It's amazing the power that hair holds. I don't know if its the same for you, but for me, the way my hair is behaving is sure to leave a mark on my day. If it takes me too long to do, and makes me late, I'm mad at it. If it's not cooperating, and I end up with awful hair, I'm grump about it. There are times when I love it, when it does exactly what I want, and times it takes about 3 minutes to do, and I'm happy. But lately, my hair has been so dumb. I don't know what's wrong with it, but the second I step out of the shower having washed it, it immediately feels greasy. It feels like I haven't washed it at all. And then I dry it, hoping that maybe it's just because it's wet that its being weird, and when it's dry, it's worse. It feels gross and it looks gross. I was lamenting my hair troubles to Chelle recently, and she gave me a bit of advice of what to wash it with. Ready for the secret?
Baking soda! Put some baking soda in with your shampoo, then wash out and use conditioner like normal. I vowed to do this the next time I washed my hair. (I wash about every 3 days, its healthy for the hair I hear) Today was the day. I grabbed the baking soda before I went into the shower, and after putting the shampoo in my hand, I added a liberal bit of baking soda. I rubbed it together and put it in my hair. It washed like normal, and conditioned, of course. After I dried it a bit, it felt better but I was holding out judgement until I had dried it completely. I blew-dry the hair, and it felt AMAZING! It feels soft and silky and smooth and it feels clean and looks shiny (in a good way). All day I keep running my fingers through it and it still feels awesome. If anyone is having any hair issues, I recommend this.

Today, I am thankful for the advice of a friend to lead me back to clean hair times.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Isn't this awesome?! It is like magical. I love it.