Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stamp & Chat & Treats

Tonight was Stamp & Chat, moved to a different night. Being the hostess, I was in charge of the treats for the evening. I racked my brain and racked my brain, and couldn't figure out what to make. I thought all day, and finally at the end of the day, I chose to do one of the recipes I had on Pinterest. I went to the store, got the ingredients, and dove in.

I'm not going to lie, this recipe didn't work at all. The instructions were vague about some parts of it, at best, and I gave it a try, but it didn't work. I made about 9 cookies, then added some water to the dough, and tried them as cupcakes, but that didn't make things better. Here's what the cookies looked like:
To me, they just look like little...turds. So I opted against those, and just went to Sweet Tooth Fairy and got some delicious sugar cookies there. (No pic, sorry, friends.) Stamp & Chat was fun and awesome as usual, and the cards were freaking adorable. Behold!
Cute, eh?

I had some troubles with the card furthermost on the right, for some reason, I had a hard time on the wheat stalks. But finally it just worked out, and that was that. I don't know for sure what to do with the cookies I've already made. I'm thinking I'll probably just bring it to work, and see how others feel about them. It's not that they're gross, they just look bad. Ugh. This is one of the times I think Pinterest isn't my friend.

Today I'm thankful for a country that allows me to make my voice heard.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Aw...these cards are adorable. You is your teacher...she must be awesome. HA HA. I want to try one of your treats tomorrow.