Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gobble Gobble Gobble

We had craft club again last night, and we’ve almost out-done ourselves. Everything we do is cute, but there are just some crafts that when you get done, you think “this is awesome” and last night was one of them. We all convened at Mama G’s house, and got to business. After only 2 ½ hours (that might sound like a long time, but in this situation, it really isn’t) we were finished. The only thing I couldn’t get to work right was my turkey’s eyes. To me, they made him seem like a slow, dumb guy, or someone that was drunk all the time. I named him George, and even had a voice going for him. (For those that know my dog, Sarge, it’s also the voice that accompanies when I talk for Sarge.) Here’s George up close:
George
See? But its ok, no one will be really close enough to see his eyes. When I got home, I set up everything for a final pic, and I think it looks awesome.
Gobble
And no craft would be complete until I get it up on the ledge. Poor George lost an eye in the process, but I still have it, I just need to remodgepodge that back on. After I put everything up, I realized I had done it with socks on, which didn’t seem very smart, being on such a high place wearing socks, so that my feet had a higher chance of slipping off. Especially being home alone, if I fell doing this, I wouldn’t be found for a long time, probably. But I lived to tell the tale, and to snap a final pic:
GobbleUp
And now, it officially feels like November, which is good, because holy smokes, Thanksgiving is next week! And in my head, every time I walk near George, I can hear him say “Happy Thanksgiving” in his dumb voice.

Today, I am thankful for the laughs provided by everyone during the awesome craft club time, and for Mama G providing the awesome letters we all used.





1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Your so-called dumb voice still makes me laugh. I am so glad that you enjoy crafting with me.