Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Different Kind of Shopping

This year, I did Black Friday shopping a little different. I didn't like how everyone was opening on Thanksgiving this year. In my opinion, that day is reserved for spending time with your family, eating, laughing, playing games and whatnot. I don't think you should shop, so I didn't do it. But I did do some online Black Friday shopping, which I thought was fun (because I got to do it all in my pajamas). I shopped at Amazon.com, and got some great deals. I visited gap.com and got jeans at great prices. Then finally today, I was like, oh might as well check things out, see if I can find any deals, and sadly, there were no deals left for me. Which I'm sad about, but at the same time, I waited about 2 days to get going on it, no wonder nothing was left. I did take advantage of one deal - I got my hairspray (Big Sexy Hair) on sale for half off, so that was pretty awesome. And then I got a good deal on a DVD player - a BluRay one. I wasn't even thinking about getting one, but then we saw it on sale while looking through things, and thought that we might as well get one when it's so cheap.
...and that's it. On one hand, it's weird to me that I didn't really buy all that much, but on the other hand, it's nice to have spent a lot of money on things, and that's really important during the holidays, when I'm trying to spend money on others. And I don't know if it's true, but I hear Monday, called Cyber Monday, has great deals too, so maybe I'll check those out. Who knows, maybe my new Black Friday shopping will all be done online from now on!

Today I am thankful for good deals. :)

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Hairspray...where did you find that half off? That is definitely a great deal! At least you didn't get cold, beat up, or have a sleepless night. Ha Ha