Monday, November 26, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

This morning, as I was driving to work, I saw a little kid walking to school wearing a pair of shorts. Shorts, kid? It’s the end of November! It’s freezing outside! And when I saw him, I wondered, where the heck is his mom? Shouldn’t she be giving him the once-over before he leaves the house, making sure he’s adequately dressed for the weather, and making sure they wear a coat before they leave? Maybe he shrugs her off, and tells him he’s fine and it’s not cold, but still. Why is that kid wearing shorts in November? Today is the start of the holiday season. I know this because I changed my phone back cover. I thought of it this morning, as I was getting ready and watching yet another Hallmark movie. I grabbed some paper, and made it. I was afraid that the paper I chose was too thick, and might not work, but it seems to be sticking so far, and I really like it. Here’s what the paper looks like:

ChristmasPage
 
Cute, eh? And now, the season can get started, because my phone and I are ready. Last night, Husband and I made some dinner, some easy chicken and mashed potatoes, and a couple of biscuits. It was pretty good. Because of my mouth being dumb right now, I eat slowly. It’s hard to eat fast when you don’t have any teeth and you still have stitches in your mouth. After we’d been eating for maybe 5, 10 minutes, I look over, and Husband is nearly done, and I still have all of my food. I took a picture, because I couldn’t believe how much faster than me he is.
Dinner
I did finally finish my food, but it wasn’t warm anymore. Right now, by the time I finish eating, my food is pretty cold. I can’t wait for the days of eating my food fast enough for it to be warmish still.

Today, I am thankful for 2-day shipping, as I got my Black Friday package today. :)

No comments: