Friday, November 16, 2012

Foto Friday

At work, every Wednesday is Waffle Wednesday. I'm not entirely sure what brought this to pass. Wait, yes I do, I think Chelle one day just up and said we should have waffles the next day. As we were eating them, we realized it was a Wednesday, and thought we should keep the tradition alive. We've been doing it for a while now, and I love it, there's nothing that cheers up the middle of the week than having a delicious waffle. This past Wednesday, we mixed it up. This recipe was found on Pinterest, so we thought we'd give it a try. What you do is, you take some cinnamon rolls (the kind that come out of the package that pop open and scare you) and put two of them into the waffle maker, wait a few minutes, and pull it out. Then, of course, you need some syrup. The syrup we used was made from taking the frosting that comes with the cinnamon rolls, mixing that with about a tablespoon of water, and a tablespoon of Karo syrup. And boy howdy, was it delicious.
Does that not look awesome? At first, I was scared that it may be burnt, because of the darker spots, but we figured out it's because of the cinnamon. It was one of the best waffles I've ever eaten.

Today, I am thankful for sweatshirts and socks, keeping me warm when my heater is turned off during the day.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

These were crazy delicious!!! I am so glad that someone was creatively talented to share these on pinterest. I loved them!!

Maleen said...

Now THAT is a great idea. Must try this real soon.