Monday, November 19, 2012

Brown Sugar Cookies

Of course, treat making day! I wanted to choose a treat that wouldn’t require a lot of chewing/eating, and on Pinterest these cookies were “melt-in-your-mouth” good. I decided to put this to the test. It was a relatively easy enough recipe, and I’ll give that to you, naturally.

Cookies
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream

Frosting
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoon milk
(Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it turns golden. Watch carefully as this will happen quickly. Remove from heat, stir in powdered sugar and enough milk to make a spreading consistency)

Blend together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, blend well. Add vanilla, beat until light. In a separate bowl,stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick sheet or lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool. Frost with browned butter frosting.

Now, when I made the frosting, it smelled weird because it’s just butter and powdered sugar, so I added some vanilla, and a little bit more powdered sugar to make it better, and I think it worked, I think it tastes pretty good. I waited until they were cooled, frosted, and ta-daaa!

BrownSugarCookies

Delicious! I recommend this, it’s actually a very simple recipe. And the recipe said it would make 2 dozen, but I got 3 dozen out of it, but I ran out of frosting, so just FYI, in case you make it, add more ingredients for frosting. A few of my cookies were oddly burned though, I think it’s my pan to blame, though, so I ended up with just enough of everything.

Today, I am thankful for my mama, who has a birthday today. Happy Birthday, mama!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

These were simply delicious. I am glad that you LOVE to share them with me.