Saturday, November 17, 2012

Super Saturday Shopping

Tonight, I was near the WinCo and I thought, we should go in there. I wanted to go in to see if they had this bread I really like (A Dunford brand, wheat, super delicious) because I had heard before that it was there. I swear, this bread is never findable. I can only find it at Walmart, but I’d like to be able to get it anywhere. WinCo didn’t have it, in case you wondered. Anyway, as we were walking in, we decided to head over to the bulk candy, since you never know what you’ll find. I spent some time wandering through that part, through bulk candy…bulk baking supplies…bulk cereal, and I saw that they had bulk frosted flakes. It’s been a long time since I’ve had frosted flakes, so I decided to get a little. I filled up some of a bag, and onward we went.
I circled around to the refrigerated section, looking for more goods, and stumbled upon pre-made cookie dough. “Well”, I thought to myself “I should buy some cookie dough, in case I want to have pizzookies one night”, so I picked that up too. After a while longer, and general wandering through the store, I decided that it was probably time to get going, I wasted enough time in there. On my way up to the cash register, I passed by chocolate oranges. WHAT?! I love those! Of course I had to pick one of those up right then. So I made my purchase, got home, took them out of the bag and realized what a weird night of purchases I had made.
Shopping
A few delicious purchases, I know but still, when you look at them, you think, “Really?” and I answer back, a resounding “yes!” So I encourage everyone to go to the store with no list in mind. Don’t go thinking of what you need, go with the idea that maybe, you’ll pick up a yum treat, and you’ll leave happy!

Today, I am thankful for grocery stores. I know that I take for granted that you can get so many different things in one place, and tonight, I appreciate it and am thankful.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I love what you purchased at the store. I find myself going to the store and bringing home some odd things. I am glad to know that I am not the only one.

Maleen said...

I LOVE chocolate Oranges. Have you tried the Raspberry kind?