Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Decoration!

Christmastime is here everyone! I don’t know if you’ve noticed, with the weather going cold, and the stores stocked with holiday goodies, and Christmas music piping in from everywhere. Yesterday, I decided, today was the day I’ll get the decorations up. Mostly because we leave this Saturday for a faraway land, so if we didn’t do it last night, it wouldn’t get done. We had a real tree last year, but that was A LOT of work, so this year, we went the fake tree route. The work was part of the reason (for me) but the other part is, we’ll be gone for a week, so if we have a real tree, with no one here to water it for that long, we’ll likely come back to a dead tree, and sad Christmas hopes. So we went to the local Hobby Lobby, because I heard the trees were half off. They were! But still a little pricey, so we went to WalMart to see if they had any for cheapers. They did! So we bought a nice one, went home, and started working. Husband started setting the tree up, and I was putting up the decorations all over the house. I got the mantle stuff up

Mantle

and felt good about it. Then I did some random stuff that I put around on the tables, and the walls, and random doorknobs, and then I did the garland on the bannister. I got done with my stuff quickly (because I am a champ) and Husband was still putting up the tree. I sat and watched for a minute

SetUp

and then thought “maybe I should be helping instead of just sitting here”, so I started to help. We got the tree up shortly thereafter, and I vacuumed up all the stray fake pine needles while Husband put the lights on it. And now, we have a naked lit tree:

Naked Tree

When I got home from work today, I immediately set about putting the ornaments up. It took me a while to pick the colors out of my varied colors, but finally, I did. And here, my friends, is the final product:

LeTree

And now, my house is ready (minus a few more things to be put up, but they’ll come in time) and I am ready. Now, I just need to start my Christmas shopping.

 

Today I am thankful that my tree and decorations are put up, so I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

So lovely. Simply delightful. I need to come and see your Christmas-filled home. Love this time of year.