Thursday, November 11, 2010

Why, oh why?!

Today I was at work, hanging out, when my phone rang. That’s normal, since I answer phones quite a bit. I answer, and who’s on the other end but the receptionist of my dentist? How exciting! She was calling to remind me of my appointment that I have tomorrow morning, a cleaning, at 7:00.

The first thing that popped into my head was, why oh why did I make myself an appointment so bloody early in the morning? 7:00 AM?! Who does that? I must have gotten far more sleep back then, to think that getting going an hour earlier was no big deal. I know I can make it there that early, but still, that sucks. And then I still have to go about my day like normal, albeit with a cleaner mouth.

The second thing that I thought of was, why me? It seems like only yesterday that I was at the dentist getting worked on. Surely that should buy me a free pass, right? Man these people sure like to schedule you in for these appointments.

I know that it’ll be better once its done, and I only have to do this every six months, but holy cow do I dread the dentist. I can seriously think of about 100 other things I would rather do than go. I’m just hoping it’ll be quick, and I’ll get a clean bill of health and be sent on my merry way. With a free toothbrush!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Aw...maybe I shouldn't drop by your treat tomorrow. I thought about it...I still will!!