Sunday, November 7, 2010

Shuffy the Shuffle

I love an impulse buy. Whether it be a pack of gum as you’re going through the check stand line, or a chapstick as you’re casually walking by them, it’s always a good time buying something that you don’t really need, but it looks appealing to buy. I had such an experience on yesterday, but it wasn’t as small as a pack of gum.

I was walking through Target, more specifically, through the electronics section, when I wanted to go look at the iPods. Now, I already have an iPod shuffle, a 1GB little silver jewel that I use constantly. I use it for running, I use it when I’m cleaning, I use it when I get ready. It’s not like I’m neglecting the little guy, believe me when I tell you that he’s always being used. But when I was looking at the new iPod shuffles, I really liked what I was looking at. They’re smaller, more squarey and it has 1 GB more memory than my current one – what’s not to love? So I decided right then and there to purchase it. I don’t know why, it’s really not like I need it, but I wanted it, and that was the only thing in my brain right then.

I named him Shuffy. Before you think that’s a dumb name, let me tell you that my previous shuffle was named Vieve!, so Shuffy seems a step up in the right direction. I’m not terribly clever when it comes to naming things, on my computer, I’ve named my phone iPhone – so clever am I, right? But I’ve decided to use my old shuffle as my running one, and the new one will be for everything else. I’m pleased with my purchase, and it was kinda nice to just buy something for fun, not for necessity. I think Shuffy and I will have a nice life together. I’ve included his picture, so you can see what he looks like.

shuffle1

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

You make me giggle. Shuffy...is the best name ever!!!

Maleen said...

Yep, you definitely need help naming things. Or why name things at all?