Friday, November 19, 2010

You down with the HP? Yeah, you know me

Listen, I love Harry Potter. I will admit it freely. I have read all the books, some of them many many times, and I have seen every movie, again, several times each. I didn’t get into them until the 4th book had come out, this is when my younger sister introduced them to me. I started with the first, and from book 1, I was hooked! When people tell me they aren’t Harry Potter fans, it baffles me. I don’t know why, I just can’t believe that someone isn’t a fan of these amazing stories!

Today was my mama’s birthday. (happy birthday mama!) So for her birthday, she requested that we all go to the latest Harry Potter movie, which opened in theaters today. We get there, and immediately, family fights are abounding, over miscommunications in when we should have arrived there to meet for the movie. Luckily, after about an hour, people had simmered down, and we were good to be all friends again.

My brother, James, had a hand in that, he was really funny at the theater. James is someone like me, who doesn’t embarrass easily, but he takes it to the next level, where he out-and-out tries to see how far he can go with things before they get embarrassed. This evening, I didn’t get embarrassed, but mama got there after about 3 minutes of him just being himself. He would make loud announcements when people would try to pass him when we were sitting (he would loudly say “person passing!” to let everyone else in our row know to tuck their knees in) and then when I came in to the theater mere minutes after he had, he loudly screamed my name to let me know where I could find him (even though I had already seen him) so I loudly screamed back to him until we met up.

It was a blast, and the movie was great to boot. Luckily, there is a second half to this final movie, because I’m just not ready for this series to be over. When it finally is, I’ll probably shed a tear for all the good times I’ve had, escaping into the imaginations that is Harry Potter. And I don’t care if that makes me a nerd – I’ll embrace it.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I can totally imagine you and your brother calling out to each other. You are simply crazy...hmmm...maybe that is why you are my friend.