Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Keeps gettin’ better

This evening, Chelle and I took some time to make some caramel apples. We all remember last time I made caramel apples (with mostly disastrous results), so this time, I was hoping that maybe time and a little distance had made me a little better. Well good news, I was right, it did. I had a clearer mind about things, and I approached them with a different attitude, which I think helped a lot. We had our caramel to dip in, we had our chocolates, and we had our dipping candies – we were ready.

We melted down the caramel, and once it was ready, we got to working on the apples. It’s a little tricky to get the apples and caramel to make friends with each other, but I think we did a good job. We dipped a bunch, waited for them to cool down enough to dip in chocolate, and kept the cycle going. We had Butterfingers dipped ones, Oreo dipped ones, coconut…so many delish things. I was nervous the whole time we were making them, just because of how unsure of how well I’d do. I just assumed it’d be like last time, when I just sucked it up in general. But as the evening went on, I could see that we were doing good work. Instead of being like my class and wrapping up all the apples as soon as we were done, we decided to wait overnight, to make sure the apples were completely set. So I left them in Chelle’s house, waiting to see them the next day.

When we went over there the next day and looked at them, I was so excited by how great they looked! They all looked so good, and not at all as horrible as I had previously imagined. Here are a couple:

iPhone 102 iPhone 101

See how good they look! I was so pleased. We had bought these cutie little bags to put them in, to make them super presentable to people, because that’s how we roll, so this is what they look like in the bags:

iPhone 103 iPhone 104

Even more adorable.

I had so much fun, and I look forward to our next baking (dipping?) adventure that we’ll have soon. Now, my only issue is…who do I give these to? *wink*

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Aw...that was a great adventure!! Can't wait to do it again!!!