Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Toes in the water, toes in the sand

I probably think about my toes more than most people. Most of my toes are pretty normal, I have to say that. My big toes are pretty good, but my pinkie toes are just ridiculous. They are barely even toenails they’re so small.

The reason I usually think of my toes are because of running. Ever since my first half-marathon, some of toes have never recovered. A few of them are just blackened and ugly, and some keep threatening to become that way. There are also many blisters that keep popping up my toes like little jerks that won’t leave me alone. Why don’t they just stop popping up?! Come on!

Anyways, today seemed like a toe day. In the shower, I dropped a relatively full bottle of shampoo on my toes, ouch! Then, for my sisters birthday, I gave her a pedicure, and she finally cashed that in. I say finally, because her birthday was back in July. So after smashing my toes this morning, I pampered them a little this evening. It felt awesome.

I was going to include a picture of how I got my toes done, but every picture I took made my toes look like tiny sausages, and I was uncomfortable with it. But for a mental picture, I painted them a light blue/teal color, with the cutiest snowflake painted on them. Yeah, this is the girliest I’ll get – but I can deal with it.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

They have $17 pedicures at Spicy Nails. I now go religiously. Mine are red right now, but I am totally going to do the blue with snowflakes after Christmas.

Chelle! said...

I am glad that you had fun with Rory. Your toes do not look like tiny sausage. You are hilarious!!