Monday, November 29, 2010

Miscellaneous Monday

I think I’ll make this a weekly tradition – lets begin.

I was watching Lucky 7 this morning (you know, that delish Lifetime movie with Patrick Dempsey and Kimberley Williams-Paisley) and as she’s getting her morning coffee, and he just hands it to her, because he’s already made it for her, and with the bagel that she always orders, I thought “I would love to frequent a place where they already know what I want to order, and give it to me when I come in!” I am recognized at the cupcake place sometimes (depending on who is working) but it’s just not the same. I want them to greet me by name, have my order ready for me.

Best thing I’ve heard all day: (and please excuse the language on this) was at lunch, Pop and I were watching Smallville. Lois is trying to catch Clark and Mom, and they step into an elevator, and right as the doors closed, Lois gets there, and is frustrated, and just stands there looking at the closed doors. Dad, while watching, goes “Use the stairs, lazy bitch” and I laughed so hard I almost choked on the sandwich I was eating at the time. Classic.

I wish I had a machine that, whatever I’m craving at that moment, would just pop up with it. That would have been especially helpful today when I was craving Munchies mix. There wasn’t any in the vending machines here at work. I tried to compensate by eating Nacho Cheese Doritos, but, alas, it wasn’t the same, and I was disappointed, with a belly full of tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I know...wouldn't that be great. I would love to have a place where I go that knows my name and what I want. I, usually, get the same thing almost everywhere I go so I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult. Mom and Dad used to go to a certain restaurant and when the waiters would see them get out of their car...by the time they reached the doors of the restaurant, their diet cokes with lemon were already sitting on the table. Cool, huh?