Monday, November 15, 2010

Aloooone….

Tonight when I was driving home after FHE, I got a hankering for some tacos. And not just any tacos, the tacos from Del Taco. That’s right, those delicious $.49 ones. And I didn’t want to wait to get home to eat them, so I ate them on the way. One, I ate on surface streets, and the second one I ate on the freeway. Which, BTW, it is pretty hard to eat a crunchy taco while trying to go freeway speeds. I don’t recommend it.

As I was eating my tacos on the way home, I realized that it’s a little weird to eat in your car when you’re alone. With others, its totally cool, you and a friend, (or friends) are eating, having a good time, but when you’re alone, you feel just a little weird. And then I thought of other things that are totally normal when you’re with other people, but alone…kinda weird.

Hitting up an amusement park. I’ve never done this, but I can only imagine how odd it would be to be at this sort of place by yourself. There’s no one to enjoy the good times, to laugh at all the craziness happening! Bowling is another one. With friends – a great night! Alone…you seem a little sad. Playing on a seesaw. Well, now I just feel bad for you. You couldn’t find one friend to sit on that other side? Aw.

I know that I do weird things all the time, and this is neither the first nor the last time I’ll eat in my car. I don’t care that I do it, it’s both delicious and a time-saver. Genius.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh, a seesaw without a friend...that is sad. Are you writing tonight about being alone because your sweetie is out of town? Maybe you should get a imaginary friend when he is away...that seems to work for me.