Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Doodle doodle doodle

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a doodler. If I am somewhere with a pen and some paper, I will draw either tiny peoples on it, my name with varying flourishes, or anything, pretty much. Mostly it’s in meetings, or at church, but basically I’ll do it anywhere.

I decided to blog on this today (well, I was given the idea by Chelle, gracias chica) after our meeting at work. I was sitting there, looking at it, and  I knew the world would want to see everything I had drawn. I know it’s all terribly exciting. I’m not at all a good drawer, but the things on this paper are things I know how to sorta draw. I’ve been working on this tiny sheet of paper for over a year now, and this is the result.

iPhone 11-16 005

If you’ll notice the tiny peeps, I like the little guy with the bowtie and the fro. I like that I felt I had to specify on the page that his hair is a fro, and not a crazy hat, apparently. Most of my peeps wave, I like to draw them that way. My name is definitely on here about a hundred times, and there are letters all over the page, singly, and those are my name, just separated and hanging out. My turkey on there must have been drawn at last Thanksgiving, and the birthday cake must have been drawn near my birthday, I guess. I never remember when I draw these things. I’m pretty sure I drew the wizard near Halloween and the little house with the lights, plus the little choir boys around Christmas.

I hope you enjoy looking at these tiny photos, and I urge everyone to become a doodler, if you aren’t already.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh, I love to doodle. Of course, you already knew that...we sit next to each other in meetings. I am just so impressed that you can keep a piece of paper that long. INCREDIBLE!! Of course, that is one reason you are my friend.

Maleen said...

Yes, I was thinking:
1. You must not get much out of those meetings
2. How in the world can you hold on the same doodling page for a year?!? That is crazy talk my friend.