Saturday, November 20, 2010

Yeah, this is how much I love them.

Everyone here knows I love cupcakes. They are one of the things I love most in this world. Today, after I was done shopping, I decided that it would be delicious if I had one today, I was really craving one. So PJ and I set off towards the place. As we got to the mall, we noticed that traffic was horrible. As soon as I saw it, I remembered, today was a BYU home football game – and we were mere hours away from it! Gah! So quickly, I turned away from the traffic and into the mall’s parking lot, but as soon as I did that, I wondered what my plan there was, because traffic would be bad everywhere.

As we were driving into the mall, I thought, the cupcake place is not that far from the mall, what if we walked there? I got iPhone, and deduced that it’s only 1.8 miles away, we could totally do that! I laced up some shoes (I was wearing flip flops, but I had some spare running shoes in my trunk), zipped up my hoodie (it was so cold and windy!) and off we went.

It took us about 36 minutes to get there, and cold it was the whole time! By the time we got there, my hands were frozen and barely moving, and I was just cold overall. I ordered myself a cupcake (pumpkin chocolate chip!), a hot cocoa (with vanilla flavoring!) and sat down to warm up. It took a while, but at last, feeling was regained. I kept saying I thought our idea to walk there was a great one, but PJ disagreed with me.

As we were walking back to our car, it was colder outside! We were moving fast to make it, and as we got about halfway back to our car, a friend happened to pass us, picked us up, and drove us the remaining bits. It was nice to have that happen! I maintain to now that it was a good idea. Sure it was cold, but I appreciated that cupcake and hot cocoa more since I had to work for it, and we definitely avoided all the traffic, which was our main goal! I would absolutely do this again.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness...when was the last time we went to the Cocoa Bean Cafe? It has been forever ago. Hey, maybe we could walk there from work. HMMM...we would be popcicles by the time that we reached it.