Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Best.. night....ever....

As everyone knows, I have RSL season tickets. I've had them almost as long as the team has been a team. We've moved from stadium to stadium, and we've tried different parts of the stadiums too, to see which parts are best suited to us. We found one that was really great section, we made loads of friends over there - some of who we keep to this day. But then we had to move stadiums, and our friends bought more expensive tickets, so we couldn't sit by them anymore, sadly.
Our tickets now are in a really good section - mostly because the people we sit by are really cool. We sit by some of the RSL staff - kinda. I sit by one of the coach's wives, and the rest of the people are just people that help them out with stuff, fundraisers and the like, so pretty much they all know the players. One night after a game, Jen turns to us and asks if we want to go to the club with her. I thought she meant like a dance club, so I was hesitant to say yes, until she clarified that it was to the clubhouse where the team goes after games. Uh...hells yeah I wanted to go! So we waited a while, for the place to clear out, and into the clubhouse we went. We grabbed a table, some food and drinks, and awaited the arrival of the players.
They finally came, and they were swarmed with fans, so we waited for most of the fans to clear out, and then Jen introduced us to most of the team. It was so amazing to meet them in person - I was shaking so much from like, excitement and nervousness. We got loads of pictures taken with them, some of which I will share with you here. It was only about an hour, but it was definitely one of the best hours of my life.
Me, PJ, and Nick Rimando

Us and Chris Wingert
Us and Jamison Olave - this guy is as big as a house. His calves alone are like, as big as my head, I swear

And Kyle Beckerman, the captain of the team.

The guys were all really nice, and while I didn't get to meet all of the players (there was not enough time, nor did they all come to the clubhouse) I got to meet some of my favorites, so it was just amazing. I hope we get to go again next year!

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Aw...what a great night that you and Janille had. You two look like you had a great time. I loved listening to how excited you were. AWESOME!!

Maleen said...

It's like Vieve Heaven.