Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Secret Longing…

Today in church, in class, we were talking about how excited all of the kids in my ward are for the upcoming Thanksgiving break. Being in a predominately college-age ward, I’m used to hearing about classes, breaks, etc., that they have. Today when they were talking about it, I had a little longing for the times when I had these too.

I love being an adult. I would not go back to school, I would not go back to being a kid, let me just get that out of the way. But I miss being in school, because I miss the breaks. I miss having that week or two of Christmas off. I miss having a few days of Thanksgiving off. I miss having a whole summer off for vacation! I miss being forced outside a few times a day to get some exercise on the playground. I love the playground! Monkey bars, parallel bars, swingset! Oh my heck I love playing on those – I even play on them now!

 

I know that it wouldn’t be all fun and games to be back in school. For one thing, I would have to deal with homework again, and that would just ruin things. Plus now when I get time off, it’s so much more precious to me, because it rarely happens, so I appreciate it so much more. But sometimes, when I see kids outside while I’m at work, I think “Man, this place would be so much more awesome if we had a playground out back”

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I agree...let's get a petition going for a playground. Better idea...let's got back and get our teaching degrees! We would be able to have those breaks!