Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm taking a stand

It is now, officially, cold. There is rarely any warmth outside. When the sun is out (from about noon to four) it's still not enough to make it feel like its more than about 6 degrees. But still, I will not waver. I'm taking a stand against the cold, a losing battle it might be.

I will not give up my flip flops. I don't care that it's 30 degrees outside, I don't want to have to wear regular shoes yet. I just like my freedom. I like having my shoes on and off within 4 seconds. I like having my toes wiggle. And now, when I'm outside, which I'll admit is rare, since I'm just working all day, my feet are cold within a matter of minutes. And I get that it's not smart to be wearing flip flops this late in the year, I just still want to.

I know that in a week or month or so, I'll have given in and I'll be back to wearing socks and shoes that cover my toes, and I'll resent it. But I'd rather wear shoes and keep my toes than be a weirdo with no toes at all.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

So sad huh? Just today I put my flip flops back in the closet. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

Chelle! said...

I am taking the stand too...NO SOCKS! NO SHOES! ONLY FLIP FLOPS! But, you might have to deal with my winy voice saying, "It's cold!"