Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holy freezing cold

Happy Thanksgiving!
All right, now that that’s out of the way, I’m just going to do a quick one, to detail my race – the annual Earn Your Turkey run.  First of all, it was 6 degrees outside this morning. I was in running tights, shoes, a long sleeve shirt, a short sleeve shirt, and some gloves. I thought I’d be ok, and for the most part, I was. I wasn’t all that cold before the race, I was more hyper. PJ and I were just jumping around to stay warm, chatting, etc, and Boyfriend was so grumpy about how cold it was outside. In his defense, this was his first race, and it was freeeeeezing cold. I let him complain, because it was funny to hear.

The race was good, I finished in the time I wanted. By the time I was done, my hands were in pain. They had started by being freezing, but at the end, they just hurt. PJ was trying to warm them up, but they hurt so bad that tears were involuntarily running down my face. While we were waiting for all of us to finish, I was getting colder and colder. I couldn’t warm up, nothing was helping. I was given a giant blanket to wrap up in, and it wasn’t helping all that much. By the time we were all done, I was shaking so hard I could barely walk.

We got into the car and cranked up the heat whilst I was still wrapped in the blanket. I was cold the whole way to the house, and when we got there, I was still cold. We turned on the fireplace, and I sat directly in front of it, still in my blanket, drinking hot cocoa until I warmed up. It took 20 minutes for this to happen. I’ve never been this cold in my life, and I’m not even entirely sure why my body was failing me this morning, but thank goodness it’s not anymore.

Well, that was the race. It was short, but cold, and I loved every minute  of it, and I don’t regret it at all. If its this cold again next year, I might just run with a blanket on – make sure that I keep as warm as possible!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Congratulations for getting up and going!! It was so cold. Oh my goodness, I still can't believe that you ran. FREEZING!!!