Sunday, November 21, 2010

Penny Can!

I have discovered a new game. I took it from Cougar Town, my new favorite show. It’s a delicious game, and it requires so little! Alls you need is a can (like a big, coffee can. This presented a problem, since I don’t drink coffee. I had to substitute with a vase I had around the house. It still works.) and a handful of pennies. The number of pennies you need is directly proportionate to the amount of times you want to get up out of your seat to collect them. I started with 5 or so, but as the game went on, I was playing with like, 20+, because I got sick of getting up.

The premise of the game is such: place your can/vase a few feet away from you. You can play this game sitting or standing, I so far have only done it sitting. After your can/vase is set up, toss a penny into the can, trying to make it in. And that’s it! That’s the game! Every time you make a penny into it, you have to yell “Penny Can!” to celebrate.

It’s quite hard to make it in the can, I’ve found. When I had like, 20 coins, I maybe only made 1 in. If I was really lucky, I made 2. But I still love this game, and once you get started, it’s hard to stop! If anyone wants to play, let me know. You bring the can, I’ll bring a sock full of pennies, and we’ll play until the sun comes up. Or until we’re sick of getting up to collect the pennies, whichever’s first.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Hey, let's play this at work. That would be awesome!!