Monday, November 1, 2010

It's that time again!

Ya’ll, it is that time of the year again. No, not just autumn, or holiday, or anything legit, it’s National Blogging Month again! I have been so sporadic lately with my blogging, I know. I have a new someone in my life that sucks up a lot of my time, so there’s that, but this month, I am committed to writing an entry every day – regardless of excitement of said entry. So today, let’s kick things off by a quick recap.
Recently, I traveled to Denver with PJ for our annual “Stalk the Real Salt Lake soccer players” trip. Usually, this trip brings us great rewards – we usually see a bunch of players, and a coach or two in our hotel, but this year they weren’t staying in our hotel! The trip was still awesome, don’t get me wrong, but it’s so hard to stalk – er, I mean, make friends with – the players if I don’t know where they’re staying! So maybe I need to do some more research there. Of course, I found a cupcake shop while I was there, I can find those anywhere.

The cupcake I tried was called Twinkielicious – and boy was it. It tasted just like a Twinkie – only better – and it was gigantic. The owners of this place were smart when they named their place Big Fat Cupcake; it took so much out of me to finish this cupcake. I had a stomachache afterwards, I had to lie down on the bed, waiting for it to pass before we went to the RSL game.
The game was awesome. We tied, which usually would suck, but we came back from a 2-0 loss, so it was amazing. We scored our goals in the last 5 minutes of the game, and we celebrated so much afterwards, and stayed for so long that we were asked to leave by security. This didn’t sit well with me, so I calmly explained to the policeman that I would leave when I was good and ready. As he started making his way over to me, I decided that I was good and ready right then, so I quickly turned and left the stadium of my own accord. It was such a great game night.
That’s pretty much the highlights of the trip. It was really quick – we flew in late Friday night and flew back out Sunday morning, so it was the perfect amount of time. I'm always so excited for this trip, regardless of if I get to see the RSL players or not. Here's to looking forward to next years trip!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I'm excited to hear more Vieve again. And maybe some pictures of the man?

I could really go for a cupcake right now.

Chelle! said...

AW...delicious cupcakes!!! I can't wait to read about your every day adventures!