Sunday, December 19, 2010

WoW

We’ve all known for some time now that I’m a nerd. Not like, a huge nerd, but I so have some nerd-ish tendencies. I enjoy video games, I like nerd shows (Firefly…Superman...any comic book movie…) and I read nerd books. I used to be pretty embarrassed by these things, but at this point in my life, I’m used to it, and I even embrace it. But right now, times are a-changing.

Boyfriend is a nerd too. Again, like me, not a huge nerd, but compared to me, he’s a much bigger nerd than I. He plays World of Warcraft (hereafter referred to as WoW) like many a people. Recently, a new version of this game came out, and he warned me before it was available that he might not be available to hang out quite as much when it came out, which I got. He’s been pretty good about it though, it hasn’t interrupted things as much as earlier anticipated.

Anyways, so one day, we were talking about it, and he said that I should play to give it a go. At first, I was super reluctant, but after being hounded about it for a little while, I finally gave in. He downloaded it onto my computer, and after I got my little person created, we played it for a bit. That's right - I'm now a player of WoW.

It wasn’t nearly as bad as I was thinking it was going to be – and I’ll never admit this again, but it was actually pretty fun. I don’t know that I’ll be one of the super-nerds that play it all the time, but I wouldn’t object to playing it more often. I don’t think I’ll ever be good at it, and I know I won’t learn secrets and tricks, or even the lingo, but at least I won’t embarrass myself playing WoW – so long as Boyfriend is there, coaching me through it.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh no...you aren't going to turn into those types of people. Trevor talks about it enough. Now you??