Friday, December 17, 2010

Keep Your Chin Up

I have a confession to make.

The saddest moment of my day occurs at 5:15 AM MST. Regardless of the day, or what’s going on, I am always the saddest when my alarm goes off.

I try not to be. I try to be excited – a whole new day is here! There are loads of adventures to be had! But alas, when it goes off, and I’m snuggled in my warm bed with my blankets around me, and I hear that blaring alarm, all I can think of is “Man, I just want to go back to sleep”.

There are days when I wake up and think, if I don’t run today, I can sleep for another hour! But then I realize that if I don’t run, I’ll just be more sad that I didn’t run, so then I drag myself out of bed, lace up the shoes and get going.

Its kinda cool that the saddest part of the day happens so early, because then the day can only get better, and I like to keep that optimistic outlook.

But today, and most other days, I’m just sad that I had to get up at all. Luckily for me, it’s Friday, so for the next few days at least, I can get up whenever I want.

Which will be like 8. Dang it.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I have to agree with you...I do not like it when my alarm goes off. It usually means I just went to sleep.