Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Called to Re-paintance

Once there was a painter, a cheap painter who was more interested in how far he could stretch his paint than actually making his paint jobs look better. He used turpentine to water down his paint, to thin it down to use less on a bigger job.

One day, he got a job painting the local church. It was a big job, and he was excited about the possible money. After thinning down his paint, like usual, he started. He was all done with painting, after a long day, when there was a giant thunder clap from above him. As he looked up, all of a sudden, rain started pouring down, washing all of his thinned paint off the building. The painter knew this was a warning from the Almighty, he fell to his knees and cried “Oh God, forgive me! What should I do?”

From above him, a mighty voice shook the earth and said

Repaint, repaint! And thin no more!

This joke is one that my Grandfather Jack told me quite often, for as long as I can remember. Even though its one of those “dumb jokes” that you hate yourself for laughing at, but I laugh at it all the time, its really one of the funniest jokes I've heard, dating back to before I have a memory. My Grandpa recently passed away, and this is just one of my memories that I have of him that leaves the warmest spot in my heart. So this joke’s for you, Gramps. I know you’re telling that joke to a lot of people right now.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

You are such a dork!!! Ha Ha!!! It did make me laugh. I am so sorry to hear about your gramps. GAH!! Death sucks!!