Sunday, December 26, 2010

Not quite the same

Well everyone, Christmas has come and gone. This year had some new things, but for the most part, it was business as usual. I spent Christmas eve at Boyfriend’s, and his family opens a present on the eve. Meanwhile, all growing up, we were never allowed to open anything unless it was Christmas morning, so that was pretty awesome. Opening a gift early felt taboo, like I was breaking a rule. It was delish.

Christmas is just different from when you’re a kid, which is perhaps why I don’t really care for it anymore. I mean, when you’re small, your parents and Santa buy you all the gifts you want – or whatever they think you want and/or need. You don’t have to worry about giving anything. You can if you want, and it’s appreciated if you do, but you don’t really have to, you have the excuse of being young enough to not have any disposable income. But as an adult, oh boy, now it’s your turn to give gifts. And don’t forget anyone – make sure to get everyone included in your list. Luckily, I’m pretty good at remembering who to get gifts for, and hopefully this isn’t too full of myself, but I think I’m a pretty good gift giver. I think forever about what to get people, what they’d like, what they need, etc. I probably think too much about it, but I love when I find that perfect present, and I’m so excited to see their face when they open it.

But alas, the holiday is over. The gifts have been opened, the hugs given out, and holiday cheers have been said to everyone. It was a lovely day full of loved ones, but I’m glad it’s over. And now…364 shopping days left.

No comments: