Monday, December 6, 2010

Miscellaneous Monday

I like being read to when I’m driving. Not like, on a trip to the store, but if I’m going to be in the car for a while, I like having a book read to me instead of just listening to music. Even though I love music, and I love all my music, on a long car trip, I like to be read to. I was on just such a trip yesterday, and I had my younger sister read to me from my current book Shades of Gray. It was such a delight to accomplish two things at once – get to my destination and finish a little more of my book. I have too many books I’m reading right now, so any chance I have to read one, I’ll take it.

Recently, Boyfriend’s little sister asked me if I’d paint her fingernails. I agreed to, so tonight, I went to her and did just that. It was so odd to paint her nails – first of all, I rarely paint anyone’s nails but my own, and her fingers are so small that I kept thinking I was just going to get paint all over the place. We chose teal and blue (she wouldn’t back down from having two colors) for her nails, and they actually turned out pretty well. I don’t know that I could open a business with this, but at least I’m not embarrassing myself when I’m asked to do this again.

I used new shampoo the other day, and it made my hair so soft and shiny. All day long, I kept doing the shampoo commercial hair flip, and I kept smelling it, and just feeling it in general. After I had done this for about half the day, I realized how weird it must have looked to everyone else to have me doing all this. Luckily, with hair that looked as great as it did that day, I didn’t mind what everyone else must have been thinking about me. I wish my hair was like that every day, but alas, rarely does it look like I actually put some effort into it. But I’d like to think it did this day.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I love your miscellaneous Mondays! They are awesome!!!