Thursday, December 16, 2010

Done and Done

Good news, readers! I am, as of today, the  16th of December, 2010, finished with my Christmas shopping! It’s been a long road. I started all the way this morning, and I finished at like, 3-ish. Most of it was done online (God Bless 2-day shipping) but I did hoof it out there for the rest of it. My shoppings took me all over this good city, and even up to Sandy. I battled traffic jams, (the entire freeway was shut down up in Sandy because of a giant accident) my own fatigue, but I pulled through.

My last shop was Macy’s, here in Orem. As I was making my purchase, the cashier asked how I was doing (like usual, so polite) and I responded that I was doing great, this was my last purchase of the Christmas season. He congratulated me, and then as he was handing me my bag of merchandise, he made a little fanfare and handed it over, like I had won. I really felt like I had, at that point.

Now I can settle in and enjoy the season without any problems. I can’t believe how late I let everything get before I purchased stuff, but in my defense, I had no idea what I was going to get people. But then I had an epiphany, and then I was set. I’m psyched to be done, and even more psyched to give my gifts away – so long as people like them!

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

I wish that I was finished. GAH!!! Congratulations...now you can enjoy the excitement of wrapping the gift.

Chelle! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelle! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.