Saturday, December 4, 2010

Festival!

It’s that time of the year again – Festival of Trees! Sadly, this year, we didn’t have the time to decorate a tree for it, but I wanted to go nonetheless.

The trees were lovely as always, and I was sad to note that a good bit of them weren’t sold this year. I don’t know why they weren’t, but I hopefully they were sold by the end. I made the rounds of the whole place, the mini-trees, the slightly bigger trees, and finally ending with the 6-8 footers. They were all looking good, and of course, there were some themes that kept popping up. It’s always interesting to see how different people come up with different trees based on the same idea, but that’s the joy of Christmas trees. They’re all different and unique, while all embodying the same ideas.

I was glad that I went, and even gladder I left with my annual gingerbread cookie – delicious! Now it seems like the Christmas season can start – traditions are already underway!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh, I so wanted to attend the festival this year. Also, I wanted to do a tree. I love looking at people's trees...I think it is fascinating!!