Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is now kosher to celebrate Christmas. Start your music, decorate your houses, it's now fine to do so. My mom puts up the tree the day after Thanksgiving-there is no waiting. I am in charge of decorating it, and I usually put it off for a few days or week or so, so we just have an empty tree in the living room. This year, I had time to decorate it today. I choose a theme for the tree every year-just a color theme, and this year's theme was black and silver. I know, it's weird not to have Christmas-y colors, but I like to keep things unique.
It took me a couple of hours to complete, but finally, I finished it, and stepped back to see how it looked. If I do say so myself, it looks pretty good. Unfortunately, the black doesn't show up that well against the tree, but it still looks okay. I like the way the two colors look together, and I like that it's not the normal colors. If you look on the tree, there are a few bits of color there, those are the ornaments we made as kids that have our pictures on them. No matter what colors I choose every year, those ornaments are always included-I just love them.

I'm glad to be done with it for this year, decorating the tree is always so stressful-I think I put too much pressure on myself to make it look perfect, which I know it doesn't need to do. But I like what I did, and I'm looking forward to the next time I get to decorate a tree. Which is tomorrow! (more on that later...)

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Congratulations on decorating your tree!! I can not believe that Christmas will be here soon!!

Maleen said...

I like the non-traditional colors. We decorated ours tonight. I need to take pictures before someone knocks it down (like last year).
I never took you for a black friday girl, but I am glad I am not the only one. And plus, I got up earlier than you. :p
Good job on the race by the way!