Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really

This day was actually pretty sad. Technically, last night was sad, and today is just a continuation. Last night, our dog Sweet Pea passed away. (Can that phrase be used for dogs? I've only heard it used in respect to humans. Whatev.) She was one of the three dogs we have. I've written about the other two, Troop and Gretl, when they've done something to warrant a blog, but Sweet Pea was our chill dog. She never did anything bad, or particularly good, she just was here. Its kind of a blessing for her to have passed, she was getting old. I think we had her for 13 years, give or take, so thats defnitely up there in years. The past few weeks, she had been getting sick, and generally had just been getting bad, so it's kind of a blessing she's gone; she doesn't have to suffer or anything anymore.
It was really hard for me, when I heard she was gone. I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any less hard. My dogs are like little members of the family. Actually, in my case, I like the dogs more than I like some of the members of my own family. Luckily, I still have Troop here, since she's my dog, and I think she'll be sticking around for a while. Which is good, because I don't think I could handle saying goodbye to another pet.

PS I would have included a picture, but my computer is retarded, and I couldn't get it to work.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I am so sorry!!! You had a tough day. Just think, Sweet Pea is running around in dog heaven having fun!!

Maleen said...

That is so sad. Maybe you would like my dog to replace her?