Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so, I'm so... scared!

I was watching the Ellen Degeneres show today, and Steve Carrell is on, and they're talking about getting scared. Not in the sense of like, a horror movie scaring, but like, people surprising you kind of scary. I hate being scared-in either sense of the word. I do watch the scary movies, but I hate being scared in them. I hav to watch in full light, hanging onto someone as tight as can be. Usually, I choose my sister to do this, but when I don't have a person, I choose my Troop. She just lays there and lets me cuddle her.
But I'm getting away from the point. I do get scared very easily. I sit in the middle desk at work, between Chelle and Jules, but I used to sit in the back desk. Whenever anybody would walk up behind me, not making noise, I would get scared. Every time! I don't even know how it would happen, but it did. I have one really good scare-and it actually happened at work. The story unfolds:
So one day, I'm at work, and it's when we have a different set up than we do now. Now we have cubicles-and all of our desks are the same, in a row, but they used to be all different, and the desks were huge-taller than I. I was over talking to...Fred (to use a name Chelle already picked out) and then I hear my phone ring. Let me preface-I was wearing some high heels this day. I sprint over to get my phone, sliding a little on the plasticy thing on the ground that protects it from the chair. As I rounded the corner and grabbed my phone, out popped Tyler from behind my desk, scaring the hell out of me. I screamed into the phone, threw it, and then I just started to laugh. I was laughing so hard I was crying, and could barely get a breath. I think it might have taken a few years off, but it was well played, I had to tip my hat to him. Luckily, the person on the phone wasn't a business call-it was just my dad, who was very confused as to why I just picked up the phone and yelled. We got it sorted, though.
I don't think I'll ever get past getting scared. I am getting better though-I don't get scared when people come up behind me. I'm hoping to maybe get it under control so that when someone does scare me, I can just keep it contained-they'll never know they scared me! And until then-please don't anybody who read this try to scare me. Because thats just mean.

3 comments:

Maleen said...

You must be so sad that Tyler is farther away and not able to spend all his time devising pranks to play on you.
And that last comment about a gentleman...strike that.

PJ said...

You would not survive in my house. We are all always devising ways to jump out and scare each other. I think my heart rate is higher because I'm constantly jumping. The best is when you can get dad!

Chelle! said...

Oh, Vieve, I get scared so easy and it seems when you get scared, I am even more scared. I hate it when people jump out of places...not fun at all!!