Monday, November 10, 2008

We're gonna rock, we're gonna roll, we're gonna bop, we're gonna bowl

Everyone brace yourselves. Are you sitting down? Ok, this evening I went to a ward activity! I know what you're thinking. The words 'Vieve' and 'ward activity' don't belong in the same sentence unless the words 'skipped' and 'another' are also there, but I went. I was informed of said activity like, two hours before it was going to happen, but it sounded like it could be fun, so we went.
We hooked up with this other ward for bowling at BYU. I'd never been there, but it was ok. Unfortunately, planning for it went a little awry, so we didn't have all the lanes we were promised, but it worked out. It was me, PJ, PJ's sister Annie B, and this new fellow we had met there who I actually had known years before, who I re-met tonight. Because there weren't enough lanes, we pulled out a deck of cards and played Egyptian Rat Screw until we got a lane. I love that game-and we had a new twist on it last night which was a blast. I'll have to be more careful when I play it though, I kept hurting myself.
We finally got our lane and starting bowling, and it was a lot of fun. And, to top it all off, I won! I beat all six people in our group with my dazzlingly high score of 122. I never win at bowling-I'm so awful-but I totally did well last night. But even though it was a ward activity, we didn't hang out with anyone in our ward, we just hung out with the people in the other ward. But I had a blast-maybe I'll go to more activities in the future!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I'm really proud of you...not for winning, but for going at all (although winning is always fun too).
Um, I must know more about Egyptian Rat Screw, and how do you hurt yourself playing?

Chelle! said...

I am glad that you had a great time!! See, FHE really isn't all that bad!! You will need to show me how to play that game!!