Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's not technology I'm against. It's people like you.

Sometimes I hate technology. I know that it's fantastic, that it has given us so much. I appreciate very much that with the click of a few buttons, I can find out anything about anything. Wikipedia, one of my favorite websites, along with IMDB. I love texting-something technology has given us. To have a conversation without actually talking, or to be able to send people pictures? Mind-blowing to me-and I love it. To be able to carry the internet around is a fantastic tool. I understand that all of this is good and great and necessary for the world.
Now, my problem with technology is that the douches of the world seem to have the latest stuff, and boy do they want to let you know about it. One of the biggest things I hate is the bluetooth headset. Are you really so important that you have to wear that all the time? Or do you just like to feel important, so you wear it? Story: PJ and I were on Pirates of the Caribbean, the ride, last year at Disneyland. The lady sitting in front of us in the ride had a headset on, and it blinked THE ENTIRE RIDE. There is nothing more irritating than sitting in a really dark room, trying to get into the spirit of the ride, and having a blinking blue light in your face. I know, some of you are like, Vieve, why did you not just lean forward and ask her to turn it off? Here's why: I'm not good at confrontation with strangers. If I know you, I have absolutely no problem with telling you what I think and what I want (all of you know this) but if I don't know you, I don't want to approach you to tell you something! So we just suffered in silence.
Nobody will change their ways regarding this, but at least I'm getting my thoughts out there. But if you're around me-don't use your headset. Put your phone to your head, like it's intended to be. If you can't talk on the phone like that, maybe you shouldn't talk at all. Learn how to text, and have all your conversations quietly. which is better for everyone. Then I don't have to hear about your problems, and you won't get my glare of disapproval, complete with the scoff of disbelief.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I have to agree with you. The bluetooth..it makes me laugh every single time I see someone wearing it. I think that if they are wearing it, they are trying to make people think that they are important. But, to me...I think they look like a dork!!