Sunday, November 2, 2008

One down...


RSL had the first playoff game in its franchise history yesterday. We played Chivas, and, even though I had high hopes for us, I still wasn't sure that we could win. There are two games in this first "seed"-and whoever has the most goals after the two games advances. I thought maybe we could tie, but of course, hoping for a win. My boys didn't disappoint! In a crazy coincidence, Yura scored in the 90th minute-just like he did last week-and we won the game! We dominated the whole game, and had so many missed chances. After you miss like, 17 goals in a row, you start to believe that maybe you're not meant to win the game. But we pressed through, and next week, we're headed to Chivas to play the second game. We don't do that well at away games usually, but I'm hoping we play the way we've been playing lately. We either have to win or tie this game. If we tie-we have one goal up on them, so we'll be ok. This type of pressure is killing me-I can't even imagine what the players are going through!

Oh! And-we were on TV! The game was on a channel I have, so I recorded it, and in the like, 92nd minute, we were on the screen! I'm famous!

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh, I think that you should marry him!! Go for it!! Oh my!!! Just think of all the cute soccer babies that you would have!!! So, yes, go for it!!!

PJ said...

I wish I had $200 sitting around so we could fly down to Carson, scary as it may be, and then fly home the next day.