Friday, November 14, 2008

Vieve: International Woman of Mystery

I would love to be a spy. It'd be so awesome to be constantly changing names, appearances, and jetting around the world, doing secret things. There are different kinds of spies though-I've learned this from the movies. (where everything is real!) I'm not going to spell out all the different types, but I'll choose between two. I think I'd rather be the Sydney Bristow-Alias spy than the James Bond type of spy. While Bond is awesome and full of rage, and has no second thoughts about killing anybody he doesn't need. He's all muscles and hot...ok, I think I'm getting off the subject here. But Sydney has the cooler job. She knows practically every language, and she gets to dress up all the times for her missions. I would love to do that.
The one thing that always bugged me about James Bond is that everyone knows about him. Surely, he's the worst spy in the world if all the bad guys know him-it would make him such an easy target! No one ever seems to acknowledge that though. He's still just used in all the missions, trying to be all secretive, which he never is. Every Bond thing ends in a big explosion, or bodies everywhere, or bullets being fired in a crowded place. Everyone knows!
Bristow, on the other hand, nobody knows. She changes her look for every mission-and she really does a good job of blending in. Her missions usually always have a hitch-while she's obtaining the secret documents or whatever, the person she's getting it from always seems to have a need to go into the room where they are, so the pressure is there. She always gets out in the nick of time, though, and that's whats important. Doesn't matter how the mission finishes, so long as it finishes with the best results.
I already know I'd hate to train to be a spy. You'd have to be in great shape (which I kinda am, but not like these people) and there'd be a lot of scary situations that you'd have to go into, which I know would always make me nervous, and spies aren't supposed to be nervous. They're supposed to be suave and cool, and they blend into the background. I can blend, but I don't know how cool I could be in any of these situations. But I'll dream it about it-and thats about as far as it can go.

No comments: