Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The secret is out

Ok, the other day, I blogged about how PJ and I thought of a theme for something that was going to come to pass. Since it all starts tomorrow (well, open to the public anyway) I decided to make it known here and now. PJ and I decorated a tree for the Festival of Trees this year. It was a total split decision, we had talked about it for a little, but then one day, I got an email from PJ about it, and we just jumped on it. It took a while to get a theme and work out our ideas, but once we thought of it, ideas flowed. We only had two weeks-but really, only like, two Saturdays, so we had to pull things together quickly.
We had a dry run to see how long it would take to put the tree together, so we would know how long it would take us on Monday, since there was a time limit. We had only just gotten started when PJ picked up an ornament, and shattered it in her hand. It cut her pretty deep and bled like crazy, but we got it under control. We had decorated the tree, and were about to work on the tree skirt when we ran out of a key material, so we had to quickly run to the craft store before it closed. Luckily, we did. We got everything finished that night, and were pretty confident about our Monday chances.
We finally decorated it at the Festival on Monday. I broke an ornament during the decorating, but luckily, didn't cut myself or anyone else. It looked pretty good when we were done, and it only took us a few hours. The theme we picked was to have a ribbon tree, but I won't include pictures-for now at least. I want everyone to go see it-if possible. I'll probably post some pics of it on Saturday, after we've been to the Festival ourselves, to see all of them. It was a great thing to do, and I'm already looking forward to doing one next year. We already have our theme!

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Hey, where are the pictures? I can't wait until Saturday when I get to go to the Festival of Trees!!! Yea!! I am so excited for you!!

Maleen said...

Wait, how did you get to do that? Is there a place you sign up?