Sunday, December 7, 2008

It was very festive

So, we went to Festival of Trees this weekend, like so many of the people in this fair state. We got free tickets since we donated the tree. That wasn't the only reason we went, we would have gone otherwise, but yippee for free! We got there at some point in the afternoon, and even though it was busy, it wasn't crazy packed. The parking lot was insane, we only managed to get a spot because some nice woman showed us where she had just left a spot open. I wish I could have said thank you to her! We got in and went through the small trees first, there were some nice ones there. The thing I was most excited to see, was that our tree had sold. I was sure that it would, but of course, I was worrying a little. But some lucky duck had snapped it up, good for him.
We were going through the big trees, working our way back from the end of the alphabet, and after a while, I was sick of looking at trees. I was sure we must have been almost finished, so I looked at the aisle we were in. It was only the M's! We were only halfway finished! I don't know why it felt so long, but oh my goodness. I guess my adage this year was 'if you've seen one tree, you've seen 'em all'. There were some awesome trees there-I didn't take pictures of any because it seemed like too much work to get the camera out, and stop to take the pictures. I do think its funny that a lot of people thought of the same theme for their trees. There were definitely a lot of Twilight trees this year, holy crap. And a lot of U of U trees.
I liked it this year, I just guess I might not have been in the mood. I would post pics of our tree, but I'm sure everyone that reads this has already seen it, plus I'm too lazy right now to go get the camera and the cable, and hook it up, and blah blah blah. But good times for a Saturday, and it just makes me get into the holiday spirit even more!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

I really did like your tree, especially the tree skirt. I know that I didn't get to look around much because I didn't see ONE Twilight Tree, and only one U of U tree in the small tree section.

PJ said...

I think it's awesome that everyone who talks to me about our tree mentions the tree skirt. Good job us!

Chelle! said...

YEA!! I am so glad your tree sold!!! You have inspired me...next year I will be decorating a tree!!