Saturday, November 14, 2009

We could take the Cup!

Good news sports fans! Real Salt Lake, my boys, have made it to the final game! Lets be honest, nobody thought this would happen at all, but here we are! We had our game today, against Chicago, and oh boy was it a nail-biter. It was a scoreless game, so we went into overtime. After a 30 minute overtime, we were still tied at zeros, so into penalty kicks we went. Believe me, this was super tense! I was clutching at PJ's leg, basically digging my nails into anything, and wow. We had the first five, and we missed one, and we stopped one of theirs, so tied again. Then we had sudden death. They went, and we stopped it! We went, and...a miss. I was about out of my mind. They shoot again, and Nick Rimando saves again! We shoot....gooooooaaaaallllll!! I went out of my mind. Even though I was watching this from the comfort of my basement (Come on, I can't afford to go to Chicago on a whim!) I freaked out. I started screaming, and I jumped, and there was some definite huggage. My friend Karen called me as soon as it was over, to celebrate, and pretty much all we did was scream on the phone at each other.
After the game, we were so energized up, we took a quick victory lap around the neighborhood, while shouting things to the neighbors, who I think were all just in their houses. I don't know if anyone heard what we were saying, but it felt nice to be shouting it.
The final game, for the MLS Cup 2009 is next Sunday, we'll be playing LA. We could beat them! You never know, especially this year! We looked into taking a jaunt to Seattle for the game, but come on, I'm not made of money. We'll be watching though, you can guarantee that!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Okay, I wasn't even there and that sounds like an amazing game. I'm glad they won because it would suck to be that tense and then just lose. Too bad for Chicago.

Chelle! said...

You guys make me laugh!! I can just see you taking a victory lap screaming the whole time!!