Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's like my birthday...crossed with Christmas!

Ok, to compare it to those might be a little exaggerated, but oh man, it sure seemed like it. Today after work, I did a little shopping for my tree for the festival. As we were winding down, I commented that I wanted to eat a waffle, since we'd been talking about waffles at work earlier. PJ agreed, and off to Village Inn (Hey, don't hate on the Inn-I love that place) to get some waffles. As we walked in, there were signs everywhere, declaring that Wednesdays there are "Free Slice Day" and I was psyched! Like, it's not a big deal, a piece of pie is only a couple of dollars, but still, to get it for free is so fabulous!
I chose a cherry pie, which was good. I hate choosing a pie, because as soon as I order one, I second-guess myself, then later, I'm always kicking myself for not choosing a different one. This time I could barely choose between the strawberry rhubarb and cherry, and while I wished I chose the other, but I'm pretty sure they would have tasted about the same either way.
This is a nothing post, but it doesn't matter, since no one reads this anyway, but I'm spreading the word: Every Wednesday, make your way on over to the Village Inn and pick up yourself a delicious piece of free pie.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Wednesday huh? I could always go for some free pie, but I agree, I have a terrible time deciding.

Chelle! said...

I can not believe you did not get the Chocolate Silk pie (is that the name of it?). Cherry...I would have never thought that you would choose that one out of all the many choices they have!