Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another thing to check off my list!

About a week ago, my sister texted me to tell me she was going to be out of cell phone range for a few days, so if I need to text her, she'll get back to me when she is back in range. Shrugging it off, I said ok, and that was that. A day or so later, a friend at work came to tell me she found something on the internet. Bringing it up-I saw-my baby sister was in jail! I was surprised at this-as I'm sure anyone would be, to hear this sort of news. We did some researching, and after a week of her being in there, she could finally have visitors, so of course I rolled up over there to do some visiting.
We got there, and had to go through a metal detector, which took me a few times to go through it. I forgot to take my keys out, oops. Then we had to wait in the lobby, full of people until our prisoner's name was called. I was laughing the whole time! I know it's a serious situation, but I just kept laughing at the whole thing. I couldn't help it! Finally, we went up the longest hallway and staircase ever, where we saw her, standing behind a glass window. I sat at the seat, and picked up the phone. That's right, we had to talk through glass on the phone!
I pulled out all my prison cliches, hand on the glass, swearing to get her out of there, all those things that you've always wanted to do. She was released today, so her stint was short lived-only 8 days. Seeing her in that orange jumpsuit was pretty priceless, though. If they allowed you to take in a camera, or at least my phone, I would have gotten a good pic, but sadly, no dice.
And my friendly tip to everyone: if for no other reason to avoid prison, nobody looks good in that color of orange.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Mental note to self: Never go to jail, because Vieve will make serious fun of me. However, she might visit me and that is something.