Thursday, November 19, 2009

A bowl of soup is a lot!

Today was my mama's 98th birthday. All right, jokes, she's not (quite) that old. (ha ha!) Anyway, for her birthday, we went to eat at the Garden of Olives. I couldn't decide what to get there, it took me a while. I was trying to decide between getting the chicken scampi or the soup/salad/breadsticks with the Chicken Gnocchi soup. Finally, the waitress suggested I get the scampi, but instead of getting the salad with my meal, I get the soup. Genius!
She delivered the soup and I ate my whole bowl, it was so good. When our meals came, I was already pretty full from the soup and breadstick, but I ate some of my food. I saved some room, because I wanted to eat some dessert, which to me, is the point of the meal. As we were waiting for the desserts, my ENTIRE family made fun of me for the amount of food I ate! I ate a lot! I know it doesn't seem like a lot, a bowl of soup and a little pasta, but come on. The soup was thick, and the chunks in it were quite large.
I eat a lot-people know this, but I want to reiterate it. I'm no lightweight-I'm pretty sure I can out-eat anyone I know. I'm a champ-and no matter what any of these people say, my meal was not tiny. So there.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Oh, I can hold my own when it comes to food, although not so much when I am pregnant. We'll have to go head to head in a few months. Too bad there won't be any pumpkin cheesecake to finish it off.

Chelle! said...

Hmmm...are you turning into the "one piece of lettuce, please" people!! But, Pumpkin cheesecake...sounds delish!!