Friday, November 13, 2009

3 Good Reasons against Driving Angry

Leaving work today, I was mad. Too many annoyances at the end of the day, coupled with my computer being dumb. So I compiled a list of...

3 Reasons it's not a good idea to drive angry:

1. When I am mad, I turn the radio waaay up. This is always a fun idea when you're driving, but then when I stop, my ears are ringing, and things are just a little muffled. Smart idea...until you realize you're probably killing eardrum.

2. For some reason, I decide to share my anger. So instead of driving like a courteous, polite driver, I decide to make other drivers have it too! I keep cutting people off, like for some reason, this will ruin their night. I can guarantee after the initial "wth?!" they have, they don't think of my for a second. But still, it makes me feel a little better.

3. On the flip side, I take any infraction done to me way too personally. I'm sure the other driver just wants to get home, see their family, but to me, a tiny thing like, not turning on the turn-signal far enough in advance, I take it to the next level-I feel like they have a vendetta against me, and it makes me want to hit their car.

Now don't worry everyone, I wasn't in danger, I knew what was going on, and I was in control, so it's not like there was anything to get worried about. I am far less angry now (because I've been just chilling this evening, nothing to be mad about...) so the next time I drive, I will far more polite. And if I encountered anyone this evening while driving...I apologize.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Makes me think of Ground Hog's Day when Phil tells the groudhog, "Don't drive angry."

You should take his advice.

Chelle! said...

I think that we both left in horrible moods tonight. OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a horrible day!!