Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We...are the champions....for the first tiiiime

Good news, I'm back! A quick jaunt over a few states, and I'm back, better than ever. Well, maybe that's not true, but oh boy, was it fantastic.
We flew out noon Saturday, arriving in Seattle a couple of hours later, and after some eating, driving around trying to find our hotel, we did what we did best-went to the movies. Hey, cut me some slack. Even though we were in a different state, we weren't sure of what there was to do, so we saw The Blind Side, which we really wanted to see. And side note, it was good.
We did touristy things on Sunday, saw the Space Needle, did some exploring of the city. It was fun to see the city from that high up, boy was it cold! I mean, it's cold obviously being November, but holy crap were we cold. I was all bundled up! We saw loads of other Real fans all over the place, and every time we saw one, we'd give the 'hey, we're the same' wave. It was nice.
We went to the game, and it was the greatest game I've ever seen/been to! After a grueling 90 minutes, which ended in a 1-1 tie, we went on to a 30 minute overtime. Still tied after that, we went in penalty kicks. That was the tensest I've ever been in my life. After 7 kicks, it was over. RSL-champions of the league! We won the cup! When Robbie Russell made the last goal, we exploded. We were screaming, jumping up and down, and I must have hugged every person near me. I didn't even care what was going on, I was just going for it. After a long celebration period, we got kicked out of the stadium. We left, singing the praises of our team the whole way.
It was a great weekend-and I'm so psyched we went. Now we're the champs, and it was a great season. I'm glad to be home though, I was exhausted. I've also lost my voice-and it weirdly gets more lost every day. I screamed myself hoarse that night, Monday was pretty sqeaky, then I screamed at a basketball game on Tuesday, so now I just sound like I have a cold. Sheesh. Anyway, best game ever, fabulous weekend, and I'm back! Let the blogging resume.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

I don't even follow soccer, but when I saw on the news that REAL won, I was so happy for you. See, I don't just think about myself.