Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cookies, cookies everywhere, and not a drop to drink

I had to make some cookies for a work function, and today was the day I had to do it. (Seeing as how the event is tomorrow night, today was pretty much my last option!) I had bought all the ingredients that I needed yesterday-8 cake mixes, 8 frosting containers, 4 cups of shortening and 16 eggs. I came home from work on a mission-to bake as many of these as possible in the shortest amount of time. I enlisted my mom to help me, and off we went. We worked diligently from the minute I got home, for three hours straight we baked those cookies. Then, a cooling period, so the cookies would be ok to frost, then we frosted them for another hour. At the end of the frosting part, my hands (and the counter) were all covered in frosting. I was a sticky mess. And I went through multiple knives, because I dropped the knife on the floor. I am the clumsiest!
I got done early enough that I could luckily squeeze in a quick run before hurrying to write this before I go to sleep. I'm psyched that we got the cookies done, and now I'm tired. I can't believe that just baking cookies wore me out! Hopefully these things are delicious! I maybe should have tried one. Shoot!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Wait, so you are saying that if I show up tomorrow there may be cookies to be had?

Chelle! said...

Oh, they were simply delicious!!! I can't believe that you made all of them!!! Just think...you really didn't have too...after all!!